Private courses are run within a company. Its a similar 2 hour interactive class followed by assignments, but its held over 5 days. Companies if they wish, may select an internal product or system to work with for this course.
As with all my private classes, I can tailor the content to suit your companies needs. I do this by working out your training objectives, tailor the course around these objectives. I offer optional online coaching to supplement the training.
- On completion of this subject, the student will have the potential to:
- Understand how context drives how software testing is performed
- Think critically in software testing
- Creating Test Strategies
- Know how to model a product for the purposes of software testing
- Become proficient in bug finding
- Create test reports that provide relevant information to software testing stakeholders
On completion of this subject, the student will improve
- Their understanding of what software testing is and how it relates to other roles in product development
- Their ability to think critically by asking useful questions.
Teaching and learning strategies
This course is based on the principles of experiential learning with an emphasis of understanding through doing. Students will have the opportunity to work individually and in groups to complete assignments throughout the course. There will be a final group assessment where students will work in a company to create a test strategy, test software and develop a test report on the software tested.
This subject will cover the following topics:
1) Critical Thinking in Software Testing
2) Test Strategy: Modelling
3) Test Strategy: Risk
4) Exploratory & Scripted Testing
5) Oracles and Bug Finding
6) Test Reports and Bug Reporting
1) Advanced Modelling – State Machines
3) Communication with Stakeholders
The course will last 5 days and requires 2 hours class work and a further 2 hours for assignment work.
Contact Anne-Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about my online training courses or call me on Skype id: charretts.